Monday, December 22, 2014

December (and November) Crafternoon(s)

Remember that time when I posted photos from the October crafternoon party that I hosted and promised November pictures? Well, that crafternoon came and went, and then another occurred in December! So instead of looking at it as me being tardy, let's just say that this is a two-for-one special! That sounds much better. :)

I'll share the December photos first, since they are so colorful! We made Christmas ornaments with this tutorial, and just had fun coloring too! The menu included cookies and cocoa, with an array of toppings.




One craft table was nestled comfortably by the tree in the living room and included shapes and stickers to ornaments from construction paper. The fun tablecloth from Target was crayon-friendly too!


My Aunt and cousin had fun with the crayons and stickers while listening to the Holiday music station on the television.


Just a few steps away in the dining room, we were set up with pledge, glitter, and glass ornaments! I put a vinyl tablecloth down to capture some of the glitter, and made sure each guest used a paper plate underneath their ornament while pouring the glitter!


Here are some of the finished ornaments. Look at all of those pretty colors!




It is always fun to get my craft on with my family! The day was full of laughter, yummy treats, and crafts. What more could we want?



A few weeks before the December crafternoon, we celebrated Thanksgiving with turkey crafts in November.

For the November crafternoon, we snacked on cookies and cheese dips with crackers and chips. My favorite were the "acorn" treats made from nutter butter mini cookies, Hershey kisses, and chocolate chips!





We also made crockpot Swedish meatballs. Yum yum!



Our turkey crafts included hand turkeys drawn on wood blocks with crayons and colored pencils. Fun mementos for those little kid hands!



The other turkey craft that we made were clothespin turkeys.


We used the pages of an old Thesaurus that was falling apart for the feathers on our clothespin turkeys. Felt and puffy paint rounded out our supplies on this craft! Oh--and we used silly scissors too!


My extended family enjoyed crafting it up in honor of Turkey day!



I hope you enjoyed seeing our crafternoon parties for November and December. Now I have to hunt for ideas for January! I think I will try to enjoy some of my Holiday time off before I plan that, but if you have any craft ideas for me, feel free to share them in the comment section. Otherwise, see you on Pinterest! :)

No comments: